We are open to hiring remote team members! If you are located anywhere in Canada, we would love for you to join our team.
At Welbi, we are transforming the way senior living communities provide care to older adults. We are seeking smart, motivated, hardworking, fun people to join us on this life-changing journey!
About The Role
We are currently looking for a business development representative who will help our revenue team execute our go-to-market strategy and help us transform and lead our industry. You will be working directly with Welbi’s leadership team to generate and qualify new sales opportunities. In order to succeed in this role, you will need to be committed to having a customer-first mentality, a passion for sales, and a never give up attitude.
Helping You Grow & Succeed
At Welbi, we truly believe in empowering each member of our team to help them grow both professionally and personally. This means that you will have:
- Ownership over your work and role, you won’t be another cog in the wheel
- You will be an integral part of the decision process and your voice will be heard
- You will be free of bureaucracy and unnecessary paperwork that tends to bog you down, and you will have the freedom to roll up your sleeves and get things done.
- Lastly, in order to make sure that you are set up for success and growth in your role, you will have one of Ottawa’s best sales executives to help and mentor you.
What We Offer
- Monthly team socials
- Monthly team lunches
- Quarterly performance rewards
- 3 weeks of paid vacation, including office holiday closure
- Flex work hours
- Employee stock options
- Executive mentorship from accomplished industry leaders
- Professional development programs
If and when we go back to our office:
- On-site fresh food cafeteria with free daily coffee & tea
- Office snacks
- Wi-Fi-friendly patio & rooftop terrace
- State-of-the-art offices
- Continued flexible work from home policy
What you will be working on
- Executing Business to Business (B2B) sales strategies and campaigns.
- Helping qualify and convert leads.
- Conducting extensive market research to find leads.
- Performing ongoing tracking and reporting on business development initiatives.
- Updating and maintaining our CRM database (Hubspot)
- Driving sales growth by scheduling qualified appointments with account executives
- Helping enhance our sales playbook
- Representing Welbi at industry conferences across North America to communicate the life-changing work we are conducting.
If you have some of the skills below but maybe not all, we still encourage you to apply as we would love to review your unique application and learn more about you!
What we need from you
- Phenomenal interpersonal skills - a great communicator who is empathetic and can articulate technical content in a way that is easy to understand (High emotional intelligence)
- Curious, thoughtful and, solution-oriented; you are driven to understand what is important to potential customers
- Exceptional written & verbal communication skills in English
- An ability to roll your sleeves up and have a get shit done attitude
- Critical thinker with great problem-solving skills
- A self-starter that will own their tasks and work independently
- A great team player
- High energy and ability to thrive in a start-up and growth environment
A plus if you also have experience with the following, but not a requirement:
- Business development
- Startup environment
Please note that Welbi is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please email your resume and a cover letter to our HR team.