Communications Summer Internship
We are open to hiring remote team members! If you are located anywhere in Canada, we would love for you to join our team.
At Welbi, we are transforming the way senior living communities provide care to older adults. We are seeking smart, motivated, hardworking, fun people to join us on this life-changing journey!
About The Role:
We are looking for a communications intern to help our marketing team execute our content creation strategy and help us transform and lead our industry. You will be working directly with Welbi’s leadership team to create public relations, blog, and social media content, and more. To succeed in this role, you will need to be able to work under minimal guidance and have exceptional written and oral communication skills.
Helping You Grow & Succeed:
At Welbi, we truly believe in empowering each member of our team to help them grow both professionally and personally. This means that you will have:
- Ownership over your work and role, you won’t be another cog in the wheel
- You will be an integral part of the decision process and your voice will be heard
- You will be free of bureaucracy and unnecessary paperwork that tends to bog you down, and you will have the freedom to roll up your sleeves and get things done.
What We Offer:
- Monthly team socials
- Monthly team lunches
- Flex work hours
If and when we go back to our office:
- On-site fresh food cafeteria with free daily coffee & tea
- Office snacks
- Wi-Fi-friendly patio & rooftop terrace
- State-of-the-art offices
- Continued flexible work from home policy
Your duties and responsibilities:
- Write, edit, and distribute web content including: newsletter, blog, website content, publications, press releases, and other marketing material that communicates the organization's activities, products and/or services.
- Support the revenue team with any written marketing, sales, and customer experience content
- Help implement an effective communications strategy based on company objectives
- Manage & monitor the company’s social media and online presence.
- Stay up to date on industry trends and make recommendations for adjustments to communications strategies and practices
- Interview clients for spotlight stories
- Support webinar planning & execution
If you have some of the skills below but maybe not all, we still encourage you to apply as we would love to review your unique application and learn more about you!
What we need from you:
- Experience writing content for social media, blogs, website, case studies, newsletters, and PR
- Exceptional written & oral communication skills in English
- We need to be a word ninja
- Outstanding organizational and time-management skills
- We need you to be extremely organized
- Extreme attention to detail
- Phenomenal interpersonal skills
- Critical thinker with great problem-solving skills
- An ability to roll your sleeves up and get shit done
- A self-starter that will own their tasks and work independently
- A great team player
- High energy and ability to thrive in a start-up and growth environment
- Ability to juggle multiple projects at a time…bonus points if you can actually juggle
Please note that Welbi is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please email your resume and a cover letter to our HR team by Friday, June 4th.
A tip from our marketing team: Your cover letter is going to give us a sneak peek about who you are and what you can do. Be yourself and try something special!