Front-End Software Developer
Do you thrive on working on the cutting edge? Working with innovators in the early stages of ideas, products, or platforms? Do you want to disrupt an industry? Crave new challenges and solving difficult customer problems using the latest in technology?
At Welbi, we are transforming the way retirement homes provide care to seniors. We are looking for smart, motivated, hardworking, fun people to join us on this amazing journey!
About The Role:
We are looking for a front-end developer who is proficient with React.js. Your primary focus will be to develop user interface components and implement them following well-known React.js workflows (such as Flux or Redux). You will ensure that these components and the overall application are robust and easy to maintain. You will coordinate with the rest of the product team by working on different aspects of the product life cycle. Therefore, a commitment to collaborative problem solving, sophisticated design, and quality product is essential to this role.
Helping You Grow & Succeed:
At Welbi, we truly believe in empowering each member of our team to help them grow both professionally and personally. This means that you will have:
- Ownership over your work and role, you won’t be another cog in the wheel
- You will be an integral part of the decision process and your voice will be heard
- You will be free of bureaucracy and unnecessary paperwork that tends to bog you down, and you will have the freedom to roll up your sleeves and get things done
- Lastly, in order to make sure that you are set up for success and growth in your role, you will have one one of Ottawa's best React developers mentor you on a weekly basis
What You’ll Be Working On:
- Develop user-facing features using React.js
- Building reusable components and front-end libraries for future use
- Participate in the planning, creation and execution of automated test cases and load/performance testing (Unit testing)
- Optimize platform for maximum speed and scalability across a vast array of web-capable devices and browsers
- Translating prototypes, mock-ups, and designs into high quality code
- Active contributions to all UI / UX decisions and ensuring the technical feasibility of each design
- Participate in software design and code reviews to ensure a high level of software quality and to share knowledge with team members
- Active contributions to the continual improvement of process and product
- Work as an Agile scrum team member
- Collaborate with other teams and stakeholders
If you have some of the skills below but maybe not all, we still encourage you to apply as we would love to review your unique application and learn more about you!
What We Need From You:
- Thorough understanding of React.js and its core principles
- Experience with popular React.js workflows (such as Redux or MobX)
- Familiarity with newer specifications of EcmaScript
- Experience with data structure libraries (e.g., Immutable.js)
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs
- Knowledge of modern authorization mechanisms, such as JSON Web Token and OAuth
- Experience with common front-end development tools such as Babel, Webpack, NPM, etc.
- A knack for benchmarking and optimization
- Familiarity with modern front-end build pipelines and tools
- Get sh*t done attitude
- Critical thinker with great problem-solving skills
- Ability to own your tasks, and work independently
- Willingness to take initiative and be a great team player
- You can juggle multiple projects at a time… bonus points if you can actually juggle
- Excellent communication skills
- Our back-end is Laravel, so if you have some knowledge or experience in it, that's a plus, but not a requirement at all
Please note that Welbi is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
- English (Required)
Bonus! What We Offer:
- Monthly team outings
- Monthly team lunches
- Flex work hours
- Professional development programs
- Office holiday closure
- Wi-Fi friendly patio & rooftop terrace
- State of the art offices
- Office snacks
If you are interested in this opportunity, please email your resume and a cover letter to our HR team.