Senior Software Developer
We are open to hiring remote team members! If you are located anywhere in Canada, we would love for you to join our team.
At Welbi, we are transforming the way senior living communities provide care to older adults. We are seeking smart, motivated, hardworking, fun people to join us on this life-changing journey to improve the quality of life of our senior population!
About The Role:
We are currently looking for a senior software developers who loves to code. Someone who is continuously working on improving their craft and is passionate about their work and the impact it will have. In order to succeed in your new role, you will need to be committed to a collaborative problem-solving approach and believe in a customer-first mentality. Finally, you know how to balance providing the best quality work, while also meeting tight deadlines.
Helping You Grow & Succeed:
At Welbi, we truly believe in empowering each member of our team to help them grow both professionally and personally. This means that you will have:
- Ownership over your work and role, you won’t be another cog in the wheel
- You will be an integral part of the decision process and your voice will be heard
- You will be free of bureaucracy and unnecessary paperwork that tends to bog you down, and you will have the freedom to roll up your sleeves and get things done.
- Lastly, in order to make sure that you are set up for success and growth in your role, you will have one of Ottawa’s best CTOs help and mentor you.
What We Offer:
- Monthly team outings
- Monthly team lunches
- Quarterly performance rewards
- 3 weeks of paid vacation, including office holiday closure
- Flex work hours
- Employee stock options
- Executive mentorship from accomplished industry leaders
- Professional development programs
If and when we go back to our office:
- On-site fresh food cafeteria with free daily coffee & tea
- Office snacks
- Wi-Fi-friendly patio & rooftop terrace
- State-of-the-art offices
- Continued flexible work from home policy
If you have some of the skills below but maybe not all, we still encourage you to apply as we would love to review your unique application and learn more about you!
What you will be working on:
- Develop user-facing features using React.js and/or implement API routes
- Participate in the planning, creation, and execution of automated test cases and load/performance testing (unit testing)
- Benchmark and optimize code for maximum speed and scalability
- Translating prototypes, mockups, and designs into high-quality code
- Active contributions to all product decisions and ensuring the technical feasibility of each design
- Participate in software design and code reviews to ensure a high level of software quality and to share knowledge with team members.
- Active contributions to the continual improvement of process and product
- Collaborate with other teams and stakeholders
What we need from you:
- Significant expertise in any of: React.js, Node.js, Express.js, and Typescript
- Thorough experience in modern CSS layouts and a passion for learning new patterns
- Familiarity and experience with RESTful APIs
- A history of writing reliable, well-tested code
- A knack for benchmarking and optimization
- Working knowledge of relational databases, using both an object-relational mapping (ORM) and raw SQL
- Get shit done attitude
- Critical thinking and great problem-solving skills
- A self-starter mentality
- Be a great team player
- Ability to juggle multiple projects at a time…bonus points if you can actually juggle
A plus if you also have the following:
- Experience with Redux, MobX, or other popular React and Express workflows
- Working knowledge of GraphQL or willing to learn
- Experience with data structure libraries (e.g., Immutable.js)
- Knowledge of modern authorization mechanisms, such as JSON Web Token and OAuth
- Experience with common development packages and tools such as Babel, Webpack, NPM, etc.
- Expertise in AWS (Including ECS, EC2, S3, CloudWatch, etc.)
- Past exposure to TypeORM
Please note that Welbi is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please email your resume and a cover letter to our HR team.