Front End Software Developer
Do you thrive on working on the cutting edge? Working with innovators in the early stages of ideas, products, or platforms? Do you want to disrupt an industry? Crave new challenges and solving difficult customer problems using the latest in technology?
At Welbi, we are transforming the way retirement homes provide care to seniors. We are looking for smart, motivated, hardworking, fun people to join us on this amazing journey!
We are looking for a front-end developer who is proficient with React.js. Your primary focus will be to develop user interface components and implement them following well-known React.js workflows (such as Flux or Redux). You will ensure that these components and the overall application are robust and easy to maintain. You will coordinate with the rest of the product team by working on different aspects of the product life cycle. Therefore, a commitment to collaborative problem solving, sophisticated design, and quality product is essential to this role.
What You’ll Be Working On:
- Develop user-facing features using React.js
- Building reusable components and front-end libraries for future use
- Participate in the planning, creation and execution of automated test cases and load/performance testing (Unit testing)
- Optimize platform for maximum speed and scalability across a vast array of web-capable devices and browsers
- Translating prototypes, mockups, and designs into high quality code
- Active contributions to all UI / UX decisions and ensuring the technical feasibility of each designs
- Participate in software design and code reviews to ensure a high level of software quality and to share knowledge with team members.
- Active contributions to the continual improvement of process and product
- Work as an Agile scrum team member
- Collaborate with other teams and stakeholders
- Thorough understanding of React.js and its core principles
- Experience with popular React.js workflows (such as Redux or MobX)
- Familiarity with newer specifications of EcmaScript
- Experience with data structure libraries (e.g., Immutable.js)
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs
- Knowledge of modern authorization mechanisms, such as JSON Web Token and OAuth
- Experience with common front-end development tools such as Babel, Webpack, NPM, etc.
- A knack for benchmarking and optimization
- Familiarity with modern front-end build pipelines and tools
- Get shit done attitude
- Critical thinker with great problem-solving skills
- Ability to own your tasks, and work independently
- Willingness to take initiative and be a great team player
- You can juggle multiple projects at a time… bonus points if you can actually juggle
- Excellent communication skills
What We Offer:
- On-site fresh food cafeteria with free daily coffee & tea
- Office snacks
- Wi-Fi friendly patio & rooftop terrace
- State of the art offices
- Monthly team outings
- Monthly team lunches
- 3 week vacation
- Office holiday closure
- Flex work hours
- Employee stock options
- Professional development programs
If you are interested in this opportunity, please email your resume and a cover letter to our HR team.