Do you have early risers in your community? This program can be used as a pre-breakfast activity. Cut the front panel of a cereal box into puzzle pieces. Then discuss breakfast cereal memories as you solve the puzzle.
1. Cut the front panel off of two identical cereal boxes. Tip: Use cereals that are available in your community.
2. Turn one panel over and draw straight intersecting lines on the back using a pen and straight edge. The lines can be diagonal, horizontal, and vertical. The more pieces, the more challenging the puzzle.
3. Put all the pieces in a resealable bag for storage.
4. Give the player the bag of puzzle pieces and the matching uncut panel.
5. Remove the pieces from the bag and place them faceup on a table.
6. The player can try either of the following:
7. For an extra challenge, try putting the puzzle together without using the uncut panel.
While assembling the puzzle, discuss breakfast cereals.