If rainy spring weather has you down, bring your mood back up by creating an indoor craft garden that won’t require any maintenance! This project is perfect for residents who enjoy gardening but may not have the mobility or space to do so.
Using simple materials such as paper, scissors, and glue, residents can create a three-dimensional garden that includes a variety of different flowers.
- Round polystyrene balls
- Dry floral foam
- Crepe paper in any colours you like
- Scissors & flower punch
- School Glue (3 parts glue 1 part water and mix well)
- Party cups, drinking straws, and skewers
- Sticky pins with bling, glitter, magazines (to cut out pictures of flowers), ribbons, buttons, or any other decorative material
- Place floral foam in a cup, attach skewer, put straw over skewer, and attach a round polystyrene ball on top.
- Cut crepe paper into about 2 inch squares, cut out flowers.
- Take crepe paper and crumple it into small balls.
- Dip the crepe paper balls into glue and stick them onto the polystyrene ball. Repeat this process until the entire ball is covered in crepe paper.
- Place flowers, buttons, or beads onto the covered ball and secure them in place using a pin. Keep repeating this step until you achieve the desired look.
- Use any decorations or craft materials you have to decorate a cup.
Tip: You can spray a gloss over all of them as a finishing touch and then put them on display in your community!