Your residents can express their creativity by making flowers that can be used as centerpieces to add color and liveliness to the dining room. This activity can also provide a sense of accomplishment and pride to the residents, as they see their creations being used and appreciated by others.
- Sheets of thin coloured craft foam
- Wooden cotton reels
- Thin wooden sticks
- ’Jewels’ to decorate
- Flower templates from Google images
- Cut out several templates of paper flowers in different sizes.
- Place the paper templates on top of foam and cut out two different sizes of flowers.
- Glue the two flower shapes together and decorate as desired.
- Add some glue to the back of the flower and place it into a hole in a cotton reel. If the glue stick is too thin, insert a piece of paper into the hole to secure it. The flower may hold in the hole by itself, but it can also be glued in place.