When various fruits and vegetables become available during their season, you can use them to create a beneficial sensory experience for your memory care residents. Here are some ways to incorporate fruits and vegetables into an amazing sensory experience!
- Photos of colorful farmer’s market displays
- Fresh fruits
- Fresh vegetables
- Colorful fruit basket
- Cutting board
- Fruits and vegetables all offer a different feel. Pass out a whole pineapple and contrast it with the smooth feel of an apple.
- Listen to how the fruits and vegetables sound when cutting them.
- Classical music or relaxing piano can also pair well.
- Taste is the best part of this sensory experience! Be sure you are tasting a variety of fruits and vegetables and comparing them with one another as appropriate.
- Smell the fruits and vegetables before and after you cut them.