Did you know these Snaky facts about snakes?
- There are over 3400 species of snakes.
- Snakes are on every continent, except Antarctica.
- Snakes eat insects, rodents and frogs. Large snakes can even eat small animals like small deer, pigs, monkeys, and small dogs.
- Snakes swallow their food whole.
- The longest snakes are a species of python, which can reach 30 feet in length.
- The heaviest snake, an Anaconda ,weighed 550 pounds.
- The smallest snake is just 4 inches long.
- Snakes shed their skin 3-6 times per year.
To celebrate World Snake Day, why not invite your local reptile extraordinaire into your community to show off various types of snakes and other creepy crawlies? Maybe even a few of your residents will be open to holding one, which makes for an awesome photo opportunity!