It’s easy to be kind and it’s easy to be a part of the kindness rock project. All you need to do is get your residents together, get those creative juices flowing and then head outside! Once your rocks are painted, go for a walk around your community and place rocks in places where they can be easily found. Once you leave the rock, don’t worry about who will find it or what happens to it. Your goal is to create a positive message for the finder and positive activities for your residents.
What You’ll Need:
- Smooth river rocks for painting. You can find your own in your yard or buy a bag from craft or home improvement stores.
- Acrylic Paint
- Paint Pens
- Paint Brushes
- Outdoor sealer or outdoor modge podge
- Cover the top of your rock with a base layer of paint. While that dries, you can add a base layer to some of your other rocks. You don’t need to paint the bottom of the rock.
- Paint a design or add some inspiring words to your rocks using your paint pens. It’s easier to do precise work like writing words with the pens rather than paint brushes.
- Allow the rocks to dry.
- Add the hashtag #TheKindnessRockProject to the bottom of your rock so anyone who finds it can learn more about the project.
- Once the rock is completely dry, seal it from the elements by adding a layer of sealant or outdoor modge podge.
- Leave your rocks where others will find them.