This is a great way to encourage your residents to get creative! Not only will this provide social interaction, it’s also a great sensory experience and gives your residents a sense of accomplishment!
- Colander (get these at the dollar store in bright colours)
- Sheet moss
- Potting soil
- Seasonal plants (such as ferns, pansies)
- Take a colander and wrap half a yard of twine tightly around one handle, making sure to push the pieces together to avoid gaps.
- Once the handle is completely covered, tie it off and add a small amount of glue to secure it in place.
- Tie a yard of twine to each end of the handle and repeat the process with the other handle.
- Then, line the colander with sheet moss and fill it with potting soil and seasonal plants.