Mindful breathing is an opportunity to help you and your group relax and focus on the physical sensations of your breath and body.
As Pema Chodron says, “Meditation practice isn’t about trying to throw ourselves away and become something better. It’s about befriending who we are already.”
The key to this activity is meant to create a safe space for your group to practice mindfulness. You can include meditative music or aromatherapy during these sessions.
- Gather your group to sit in a circle at their desks or find a space on the floor.
- Announce to your group that you will soon lead them through a brief exercise to help them relax and focus.
- Follow the prompts provided in several scripts available online. You could also put on a YouTube video
- Facilitate the meditation step by step, making adjustments according to the needs of your group.
- Conclude the meditation by gently inviting your group back.
- If desired, invite your group to reflect on their experience.