"Send me a postcard!" was a common phrase used in the past. Post cards are used to create activities for matching, memory, reading, travel and geography.
1. Memory Game
2. Find the Match
3. Find it-read and find on a map
4. "I've been there" or "Let's go"
1. Memory Game: Pairs of matching postcards are turned face down on a table. (you can ask travelers to buy 2.) The number of pairs will be determined by the ability of the participants. Players take turns as in a "concentration game." Games can be based on themes, like NY City, Island adventures or random.
2. Find the Match: Many random postcards are placed face up on a table. The number will be determined by the participants. Several matching postcards are placed throughout to locate.
3. Find it-Post cards are place on tables, face up. Participants choose one and if able, read the destination. The location is marked on a map and discussed.
4. "Let's Go": A virtual visit/tour can be shown for the selected places or a "dream vacation" can be planned.