Create a modern-looking painting of fireworks using bendable straws and acrylics.
- Tape 7 straws together directly underneath the bendable necks.
- Bend open the straw tops. (See the second image in Gallery)
- Select 2 or 3 paint colors that work well together and squeeze a dime-sized amount of each onto a lid or plate.
- Dip the straw bundle into the “palette” until all the straw tops are covered in paint.
- Place the straws onto a piece of paper and use your finger to gently flatten them so they all touch the paper.
- Lift the straws off the paper and rotate them slightly before pressing them down again. Repeat several times.
- Wash off the straws and try a different color combination.